One East Hazelwood Drive
Champaign, Illinois 61820
phone: (217) 333-8940
fax: (217) 333-8944
Kelsey Wiles joined the Illinois Sustainable Technology Center (ISTC) in September 2012 as a Research Assistant in the Applied Research on Industrial and Environmental Systems (ARIES) group at ISTC under Dr. Wei Zheng.
- B.S. in Molecular and Cell Biology with a minor in Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign (May 2012)
Prior Professional Experience
- Research Assistant at the US Army Corps of Engineers in Champaign while earning her B.S.
- Uptake of Personal and Pharmaceutical Care Products and Hormones into Vegetables
- Sampling and Analysis of PPCPs and Hormones in Champaign and Urbana Wastewater Treatment Plants
Uptake, translocation, and accumulation of pharmaceutical and hormone contaminants in vegetables. Zheng, W.; Wiles, K.; Holm, N. 246th American Chemical Society (ACS) National Meeting and Exposition in Indianapolis, IN, 2013.
- Degradation of Insensitive Munitions compound Diaminodinitroethylene (DADE) using activated nanoparticles of MgO and ZnO. Wiles, K.N.; Boddu, V.M.; Costales-Nieves, C.; Bednar, A. AIChE Annual Meeting, Conference Proceedings, Minneapolis, MN, 2011.