E3 - Economy, Energy, and Environment - is a coordinated federal and local technical assistance framework that provides industrial facilities with a customized, hands-on assessment of production processes to reduce energy and water consumption, minimize their carbon footprint, reduce waste, increase productivity, and drive innovation.
How Do Companies Benefit from an E3 assessment?
- Promotes sustainable manufacturing and growth through innovative technology.
- Improves the company and the regional economy by retaining and/or adding jobs.
- Reduces environmental impacts while gaining a competitive advantage.
- Improve profitability and competitiveness.
- Enhance the ability to attract new business.
The E3 Assessment Process
- Initial Meeting
- Two Day E3 Opportunity Assessment
- Assessment Report Out
- Outcome and Implementation Data Collection (3, 6, & 12 months)
E3 Assessment Outcomes
- Increased productivity
- Reduced costs
- Reductions in water use, materials, and energy
- Reduced waste volume or toxicity
- Increased recycling or diversion of by-products
- Reduced emissions (VOC, HAP, & GHG)
- Perspective of waste and utility costs
- Instruction on how to calculate GHG emissions and evaluate reduction strategies
ISTC has over 30 years of experience in pollution prevention and waste reduction, led by manufacturing engineers and environmental scientists.