Testing of Alternative Technologies
Ability to test alternatives is often a major stumbling block for manufacturers interested in evaluating and embracing innovation. Process efficiency improvements and radical processing changes involve investigation of material properties, equipment efficiency, and residual generation. ISTC has access to a variety of test and process equipment to answer the myriad of questions that arise in conjunction with change.
- Non-phase change separation systems based on membranes such as ultrafiltration, nanofiltration, reverse osmosis, and diffusion dialysis
- Ion exchange equipment for ion removal or for acid recovery
- Distillation columns for solvent recovery and fractionation
- Atmospheric and vacuum evaporators for wastewater volume reduction
- Basket centrifuge, hydroclones, and coarse filtration systems for solid liquid separation
- High-speed centrifuges or coalescers for liquid-liquid separations
- Ozonator and photochemical reactors for carrying out oxidation reactions
Material Investigation Equipment
- Equipment to measure physical properties such as viscosity, density, surface tension, and contact angle
- UV, FTIR, AA, and ICP-MS spectroscopic techniques
- Imaging equipment such as Scanning Electron Microscope, Transmission Electron Microscope and Confocal Microscope.
- Particle size characterization using Photon Correlation Spectroscopy and Diffraction.
- Equipment for corrosion measurement.
- High-pressure glass reactors for organic synthesis and reaction studies.